Wisdom is an interesting thing. It is defined as the ability to discern what is true, right and lasting. Good judgment. The judicious application of knowledge. Who am I to talk about wisdom? Rather presumptuous, don't you think? Well, what do you know. I am old enough to understand that wisdom is not gained from the wave of a magic wand, the acquisition of advanced degrees or with a large check. Wisdom comes one step at a time. At 55, I have done a lot of walking - one step at a time.
I am a wife, mom, friend, leader, follower, teacher, administrator, neighbor, sister, daughter and so much more. So why write now? It's January 30, 2013. I have a miserable cold - sniffles, snorts, sore throat, blah. And yet, this morning at 5 AM, I vocalized to my husband, Chuck, the thoughts that had been hammering in my head since New Years Eve - it can't be just another year of the same. Jim Collins talks about being great by choice,. Choice infers intentional action. So what is going to be different? He (Chuck) suggested starting with a timeline. What? Then, this afternoon I met with the pastor of our church, a man whose wisdom is deep, driven deeper through the pain and joy of life's experiences. He listened and then commented. What stood out was his charge for me to hear Chuck's voice more clearly, that the season now is for me to be the mentor as I have been so well mentored for so long; and finally to know wisdom. Know wisdom? KNOW WISDOM???? Does he not know how much I PRAY for wisdom? Wait, intentional action. Better hearing. And so I sit here, sniffles and all, and will begin the timeline. The recollections of a walk to wisdom, one step at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment